Shipping & Returns
Shipping Items for Digitisation
Currently, our digitisation services are available in the UK, France and Belgium only. It may be possible to ship your albums from other countries to have them digitised in one of our existing studios, but please contact us for a personalised quote. When you book a digitisation service, you also choose your preferred delivery option to get your albums and any other items to the digitiser’s studio. The following costs include the return of the albums to you.
|Delivery options||Cost £|
|1||Get my albums picked up at home||£ 30|
|2||Drop my albums off at a local courier depot||£ 20|
|2||Drop my albums off at a local courier depot||£ 20|
|3||I will bring albums to the studio myself||£ 10|
|4||Digitise my albums at home (min. 20 albums and max 2hrs from studio)||£ 100/day|
- Pack your albums safely in a box, then send us the weight and dimensions so we can book the courier pick-up at your home on the pre-agreed date and send you the shipping labels for you to print and stick to the box. Once digitised, we will send your albums back to your delivery address by courier.
- Pack your albums safely in a box, then send us the weight and dimensions so we can send you the shipping labels for you to print and stick to the box. We will provide you with a list of local courier depots (e.g. local shop) where you can drop your parcel off at your convenience. We will also give you a date deadline to drop-off your parcel. After the shoot, we will send your albums back to your delivery address by courier.
- Pack your albums safely in a box, with one copy of your order sheet stuck on the outside and the other copy inside for reference. We will send you the full details of your local studio and some delivery dates on which you can drop off your parcel. After the shoot, we will send your albums back to your delivery address by courier unless you tell us in advance that you will collect them in person.
- We can come on location for large collections of albums (more than 20 albums) within 2hrs transport of our local studios (see a list of our studios here). The cost covers travel expenses within 2hrs of the studio. If you have a large collection that is further than this, please ask us for a special quote. Basic meals and drinks are to be provided by you during the day as necessary (this is to make the most of the digitiser’s time and reduce costs). Should we need to shoot over several consecutive days, the cost of local accommodation and extra meals will be covered by you. All our digitisers are carefully selected and trained to carry out their work in your home with professionalism, mutual respect and courtesy is expected of all parties. To make their stay with you as efficient and agreeable as possible, we ask that you carefully prepare the albums in advance in a room where they can be left to work. This room needs to have at least 4m2 free space to work in, suitable power sockets and preferably curtains, shutters or blinds on the windows to control light conditions. Full terms and conditions can be found here. [link to T&Cs section covering on-location shoots]
See full packaging instruction below
These costs are for delivery within the same country only. International shipments can be arranged on demand and will incur further costs to be paid in advance of shipment.
We use reputable express courier services (DPD, DHL, UPS or FedEx depending on best local service) with most parcels being delivered next day or within 2-3 days depending on your address. We may also, at our discretion, use same-day delivery services within certain areas. We will always let you know in advance the name of the delivery company and provide you with all the appropriate labels and any other documents to print out and full packing instructions. Our delivery services are all fully trackable and also include email and SMS notifications. Wherever possible we will choose local delivery services that offer 1-hour delivery/pick-up slots. We will always choose the most efficient delivery service for your location and your chosen pick-up options.
Preparing your Albums
- Our basic principle is to digitise your albums as true to life as possible, this means we will apply minimal corrections during the shoot and in post-production. Therefore, before sending us your albums please make sure they look as neat and tidy as you would want them to be remembered. Our digitisers can’t be expected to tidy them up or restore them for you.
- Print your order sheet and check all the details are correct (you will need to put this order sheet in your delivery box)
- Count your albums and make sure the number of albums matches your order. Should we receive any extra albums, we will have to charge these separately before the digitisation work begins.
- Check the size of your albums: max 50cm x 80cm when open. If they are larger than this, please contact us.
- Make sure all your albums are clean: remove dust and check images inside are clean.
- Tidy your albums:
- Make sure pictures inside are positioned as you want them to be (straightened, in the right order, etc.)
- Any missing pictures are added back in if possible.
- Smooth out any big creases and folds you don’t want to see, if possible.
- Remove any items that you do not wish to digitise with this album (letters for example).
- Remember, we will be photographing the full page spreads, including all the hand-written notes on the pages, to make a full record of the album as it looks now.
- How we digitise any loose pictures and other elements:
- Loose pictures clearly belonging to the album page:
- If its position is obvious we will try to place it back in its original place before scanning the page (e.g. a single picture has become unstuck on the page).
- If there are several loose pictures on the page and we cannot know in which position they belong to, we will do our best to place them so that the whole page can be viewed together without overlap but if this is not possible, we will shoot the loose pictures as found and then move them away to see the whole page without them.
- Extra pictures, not belonging to the album page: we will shoot a reasonable amount but not whole stacks. This is entirely at our digitiser’s discretion. We will shoot them as found and then move them away so we can shoot the rest of the page.
- Loose objects overlapping album pictures will be digitised as found and then moved away so we can shoot the rest of the page. For example, dried flowers, postcards, theatre tickets, locks of hair, etc.
- Multiple page documents (e.g. letters, leaflets, etc.): we will shoot their cover pages as found but not their full contents (e.g. the envelope of the letter only)
- Loose pictures clearly belonging to the album page:
- Wrap each album in bubble wrap.
- Choose a suitably sized cardboard box. Make sure the box has double-sided walls for extra strength and protection. Something like this is perfect. [link amazon]
- Place the albums in the box, filling in any gaps with crumpled paper or other suitable packing materials. If you leave gaps, the albums will move inside and the box can collapse, which may cause damage to your albums.
- Do not overfill your box as it may then become too heavy to handle and it may burst open. Avoid packing boxes that are more than 15kg as these will be difficult to handle and can cause extra strain to your box and its contents.
- Maximum weight allowed by the carriers is 25kg/box and maximum dimensions are length + width + height = 230cm per box.
- Make sure you print both shipping labels we send you as well as the order sheet which shows your order number, your full name and contact details, your return delivery address, including your telephone number
- Place one of the shipping labels and your order sheet inside the box for reference.
- Use strong packaging tape along all the open edges to close your box securely and seal it completely.
- Stick the other shipping label on top of the box, preferably using a clear plastic sleeve to protect it. It is essential that the delivery details are clearly visible through any plastic protection.
[Options to include on digitisation page too]
Shipping Web Shop Items
We always try to dispatch your order within the timeframes below:
|Customised wall & desk photo frames||14 working days|
|Standard desk photo frames||5 working days|
|Aprons, Tea Towels, Cushions||14 working days|
|Photo books||14 working days|
|Greeting Cards||14 working days|
|Placemats, Coasters, Mugs, Photo prints||5 working days|
You can check the status of your order(s) by signing in, clicking your name that appears in the top-right corner of the page, and clicking ' My account'.
Please allow up to 14 days after despatch for delivery within the UK and 28 days for Europe and worldwide deliveries. If you have not received your order within this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you order more than one product they may be despatched separately and arrive at different times.
|A4-A2 Custom Photo Frames (wall and desk)||£12.99 |
|A1 Custom Photo Frames (wall and desk)||£12.99 |
|A0 Custom Photo Frames (wall and desk)||£12.99 |
|Photo Books||£12.99 |
|Personalised Gifts & Standard desk photo frames||£12.99 |
Our policies have been updated to comply with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. This section sets out your rights to return Goods, or cancel an Order under defined circumstances.
The goods sold on our site are personalised and are defined as bespoke and customised goods. The photo frames are made to order according to your chosen options for photo choice, size, paper type, frame type and colour. All other goods are personalised with your choice photos and colour, material (where applicable). Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 these Goods do not attract the cancellation rights that typically apply to a distance contract.
Nothing in these conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Our policies have been updated to comply with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. This section sets out your rights to return Goods under defined circumstances.
Please note that we will not accept return items unless you have contacted us.
How to contact us
By phone: +44 (0)115 838 6175 lines (standard rates apply) are open 9 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding UK Bank Holidays)
By email: email@example.com
Bespoke and customised goods
Where items are personalised or made to order, you do not have the right to cancel or return an order as unwanted. We recommend that you double-check your order to ensure it meets your requirements before making payment.
Faulty or damaged goods
You must notify us of any faulty or damaged Goods within 30 days of receiving them. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your details
- Your order number
- A photo of the damage to the item and packaging
We will arrange for a Customer Returns Form to be sent to you. We will send a pre-paid returns label which you can print off, attach to your parcel and drop in to your local post office. Returns for faulty items are at our cost. A replacement item or refund will be issued on return of the faulty item.
Refunds will be issued within 14 days of our receipt of returned Goods, proof of posting, or notice to cancel (if the Goods have not yet been posted).
We will only refund to the payment card used in the original purchase.
We will refund the cost of the Goods plus any postage paid in your original Order. Nothing in this section affects your statutory rights.